Case Study: Strategic Service and Site Review
Client: Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
Strategic Projects Manager for Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh NHS Foundation Trust. Responsible for the Trusts’ Service and Site Review and Investment Programme.
The Service and Site Investment Programme involved a large-scale reconfiguration of the 4 hospital sites with a view to rationalising the services provided leading to a reduction in the size of footprint required. Working alongside the Chief Executive, Director of Strategy and Planning and Director of Finance, this senior role shaped the future of the Trust for the next 30 years
We were involved with the project since inception and wrote the Strategic Outline Case, Outline Business Case and first draft Full Business Case. We are also managed the P21+ process to deliver the £80M new build programme.
The project involved a great deal of stakeholder engagement including meetings with clinicians, executive directors, governors and external bodies such as the GP commissioners, members of the public and NHS North.
- Managing a Core Team consisting of Estates, Finance, HR, IT, Operational and Support staff;
- Producing Business Cases (SOC, OBC, FBC);
- Holding clinical workshops to determine requirements;
- Developing plans and programme timescales;
- Assisting with financial affordability reporting;
- Presenting to Board, Governors and members of the public;
- Assisting with communications about the programme;
- Managing the P21+ process to appoint the Principle Supply Chain Partner.
The Full Business Case for the first of the schemes, a new ward and theatre complex at Wrightington, was approved by the Trust Board in April 2014.