Services for Commissioners (CCGs) and Private and Not-for-profit Healthcare Providers
We work for commissioners (CCGs) and private and not-for-profit healthcare providers to deliver schemes and services. We were recently appointed as project lead for the Whole Systems Integrated Care pilot in Brent, North West London. This pilot is part of a nationwide scheme where 14 health organisations are looking to introduce innovative models of care for targeted population groups. Health and Social Care budgets will be pooled to provide a ‘whole system’ of care. The pilot is being developed in association with ‘lay partners’ in the spirit of co-production. Tasks included:
- Agreeing the Vision for Brent, defining the target population for the pilot (over 75s with one or more long term conditions);
- Agreeing the desired outcomes;
- Developing a Model of Care for the pilot;
- Agreeing the capitated budget for the first year;
- Designing the new governance structure;
- Defining the IT requirements.
Another one of our clients was awarded the contract for a new GP out of hours service in Merseyside in 2013. Our role was to take the scheme from the award of the contract to the launch of the new service. We had a broad remit –
- Manage the TUPE of staff;
- Ensure the telephony and IT systems were built, tested and supported through go live;
- Manage the staff, client and public engagement strategy;
- Ensure the treatment centres were ready for use on the first night of the service. This involved negotiating lease agreements with the building landlords;
- Ensure that local stakeholders such as pharmacists were aware of the new service and were ready to support it;
We also managed the opening of 6 new GP practices for this client in 2009 as part of the Equitable Access to Primary Care programme. This resulted in a rapid growth for the organisation and raised their profile in the local healthcare economy.